With the pandemic, many people are becoming more attuned to their health and wellness. Some of us may have even begun this journey of nutrition and fitness well before COVID-19 reared its ugly head, too. Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran, there’s simply no denying that better health can come with a hefty price tag.
Take wellness shots, for example. If you ever purchased them at the grocery store, you know how expensive they can be! So, why not make them from scratch with a few simple ingredients and save yourself some of your hard-earned money?
This immunity shot recipe below is made with grapefruit, lemon, and orange, which are very high in Vitamins C and A. The other ingredients included, such as ginger, turmeric, garlic, and black pepper, will lower the risk of infections and bacteria growth, enhance immune function, and make for a powerful anti-inflammatory. See how easy it is for yourself, and check out the recipe below:
• 1 medium grapefruit, peeled
• 1 medium orange
• ½ medium lemon
• 1 (1-inch) piece of ginger root, peeled
• 1 (1-inch) piece fresh turmeric root, peeled
• ½ clove of garlic
• pinch freshly ground pepper
1. In a blender, combine whole grapefruit, the juice from the orange and lemon, ginger, turmeric, garlic, and pepper. Blend until smooth, adjusting ingredients to taste if necessary.
2. Place a small sieve or strainer over a Mason jar or glass cup.
3. Pour liquid into a strainer. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Oxford at Country Club Apartments in Baytown, Texas goes above and beyond to improve your daily lifestyle with our spacious floor plans, unparalleled amenities, and incomparable customer service. We hope that these tips will inform, educate, and ultimately provide you with a better way-of-life.