Buffalo wings are a forever favorite for many people, even when football season is over and the Super Bowl has passed. This particular recipe is baked instead of fried, but they are just as crispy and delicious as what you’d order at a restaurant for takeout. Tossed in a classic, spicy sauce and served with ranch dressing, these buffalo wings’ irresistible crunch is made possible by plenty of baking powder and seasonings! Better yet, there is less mess to be cleaned up and fewer calories to be burned off afterward!
• 3 pounds chicken, halved crosswise
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
• 4 tablespoons butter melted
• 1 tablespoon honey
• Celery sticks and ranch dressing, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil and place a nonstick oven-safe rack on top of the pan.
2. Place the chicken wings in a bowl. Add the baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
3. Toss to coat the chicken evenly with the baking powder and spices.
4. Place the wings on the rack in a single layer.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until wings are light golden brown and crispy.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the hot sauce, butter, and honey.
7. Pour the sauce over the wings and toss to coat evenly.
8. Serve with celery sticks and ranch dressing.
After a long day, it can be tempting to order take-out for dinner. Instead of settling, the team at Oxford at Country Club Apartments in Baytown, Texas would like to suggest this delicious and nutritious alternative!