While practicing social distancing, you may spend a lot time testing out new recipes. What better time to try one of our favorite family meals? Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches! These Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches are made from five simple ingredients and are great for a delicious dinner. Get started by following our easy recipe:
1.5 – 2 pounds of pork roast
1 envelope dried onion soup mix
Salt and pepper
1 can root beer
2 cups of barbecue sauce
10 hamburger buns
1. Place the thawed pork roast on a countertop and sprinkle with the dried soup mix. Pat the soup mix all over the roast. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and place in the crock pot.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the can of root beer and half a cup of barbecue sauce. Pour the mixture over the roast.
3. Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on low heat for 6 1/2 to 7 hours. Remove the roast from the crock pot and shred it with two forks, then remove all but about a cup of the juice.
4. Put the shredded pork in the crock pot with the cup of juice, then add the remaining barbecue sauce. Stir it into the meat and cook on high for 15 to 20 minutes to get the meat warm.
5. Serve with hamburger buns and toppings as desired. Enjoy!
Mix up something scrumptious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Oxford at Country Club Apartments in Baytown, Texas and put our updated, fully-equipped kitchens to good use!