Do you struggle to remember to eat breakfast? Though many of us realize that breakfast is integral to a healthy diet, too many Americans neglect what many doctors still call the most important meal of the day. However, there is a way to make eating breakfast faster, easier, and more delicious than you might expect. The secret lies in making freezer-friendly breakfast sandwiches ahead of time! Try this recipe for Easy Breakfast Sandwiches and transform your morning routine!
Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Sandwiches
• 12 eggs
• 2 Tablespoons milk
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 12 slices cooked bacon, sausage patties, ham, or Canadian bacon
• 12 English muffins
• 12 slices cheddar cheese, or your favorite cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease a 9x13’’ pan.
2. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the greased pan and bake for 18-22 minutes, or just until the center is set. Be careful not to overcook.
4. Remove cooked eggs from oven and allow to cool before cutting into 12 squares.
5. Top each English muffin half with egg, cheese, meat, and the other half of the muffin. If you are consuming right away, heat the sandwiches at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
6. To freeze the sandwiches, wrap each sandwich individually in tinfoil, wax paper, or parchment paper and place them in a freezer-safe resealable bag. Freeze for up to 1 month.
7. To reheat frozen sandwiches, remove paper or foil and wrap a sandwich in a paper towel. Microwave for 40 seconds to 1 minute on defrost (or 50% power). Flip the sandwich over and microwave for 10-30 seconds on high power, until warmed through.
There’s nothing like expanding your meal plan with a new recipe! Oxford at Country Club Apartments in Baytown, Texas is proud to introduce you to new meal ideas that will keep your family and friends coming back for more.